Monday, October 08, 2012

Cheeseburger soup!

So, it is getting chilly out now, and thought it was time to start getting some of my soup recipes out, and maybe discover some new ones that I like.  For tonight, cheeseburger soup was on the menu, but when I looked up the recipe, there were things on it that my kids wouldn't eat.  So, here is a revised for picky eaters cheeseburger soup, that was an absolute HIT at my house tonight!!!

1 1/2 lbs browned hamburger meat
4 med potatoes
32 oz Chicken stock
1/4 c flour
1/4 butter
1/2 milk
1/4 cream cheese
1 lb Velveeta, blocked
salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder

1.Add in salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder when browning the hamburger meat. 
2. Dice potatoes, put in the pot along with the chicken stock, and boil until the potatoes are tender
3. Add in butter and flour, let thicken
4. Stir in Velveeta, and cream cheese, and let melt

You can serve right away, or let cook more, however it is a very thick soup, and very filling!!!  I served with garlic cheese bread, and everyone enjoyed it immensely!!!  

No comments: