Thursday, June 28, 2012

Daegan's First "Block" party :)

For my youngest son's first birthday, I wanted to do something fun, summery, and different.  So, I did a "block" party!  I thought about making the invites myself, but my friend at KT Photography was going to be taking pictures, so I asked her to put together an amazing invite!

I made sure, of course to have a lot of block, I don't have pics of those though.  I bought 100 letter blocks, and then 100 random other shapes, for awesome castle making and knocking down in the future, as well as the party!  Everyone got into the block building spirit, and there were quite a few awesome castles and towers made, and Daegan enjoyed knocking them down!!!
For decoration, aside from balloons, I stabbed 262 dum dum suckers in a styrofoam cube, a decoration that was also happily and eagarly eaten!!  Instead of a goodie bag, they were able to take as many suckers as they liked, and also there were tons and tons of bubbles.  Everything was geared to being things that Daegan would enjoy, but also were things that all the older kids that were there loved as well!  There will be an extreme close up of that decoration in a bit, it is in the foreground of the picture that shows Daegan's excitement about finally getting to eat cake!
Now for the cake, the smash cake was a replica of the larger cake, and something I am quite proud to say that I was able to make for the party!!






Love at first sight!!  He got so excited.  Can also, kind of, see the dum dum cube in the foreground!




He wasn't so interested in opening presents, luckily he has some volunteers to help him.  He loved all of his presents, especially a guitar, and helicopter!


Then managed to grab one of his balloon bouquets and crawl off with it!!!


There was also a cook out involved, I love adding food to as many events as I can :P I would definitely call this party a complete success.  He had a blast, the kids had a blast, most importantly, at least to  me, everything about the party was geared toward being one year old friendly!!!

No comments: